Friday, January 20, 2012

Unemployment - Day 2

So having been laid off my job of over five years, today is Day 2 of unemployment. Day 1 (obviously yesterday) was a little hard to explain. I slept in until 7:00 (a full 45 minutes later than a workday) then I seem to roam around the house. Doing nothing. Looking at stuff kind of like I'd never seen it before. I sat on a bench in the backyard for a while watching the dogs. Then i decided I should actually "do something". I dusted the living room and then grabbed the vacuum. This was when I decided I needed sweatpants. If I was going to hang around the house I needed something to wear and wearing my nightie all day made me look, well, unproductive. I headed off with hot little Kohl's credit card in search of sweatpants. I found out that NOBODY is shopping at 1:30-ish in the afternoon. The store is ghost town. Meandered around there for a while - bought the pants, a shirt for Kyle, a new nightie (on sale of course) and new shoes (oops). I did try to do my "making the meals since I'm home thing" which was only a 50% failure - or 50% success. I did baked, from scratch mac and cheese but that's all. Dinner is...this side dish. Baby steps...baby steps...
Okay here comes day 2.

No comments: