Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Circus - Part Deux

Okay, we went to the circus. My kid loved it. I'm still mortified that they use elephants - huge, gigantic animals forced to stand with all four legs on small round stands, forced to jump onto their hind legs - I still think it's wrong. I think the tigers are wrong too. They were all hissing and swatting at the guy with the "whip" and half way through I swear I was rooting for the tigers to just swat the guy a good one. The little dogs (poodles and such) were cute. The elephants play quite a small part - one little bit where they make them do ridiculous things and then mostly people riding/parading them around - why don't they just eliminate them from the show? It's just wrong. We actually had to cross a picket line of people who felt this exact way. I'm weak..had to go in anyways. Ahh the things we do for our children. I freely admit I'm a hypocrite on this one. Never again will I go...I promise.
I'm not even gonna mention clowns....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I had to stop going to the zoo a few years ago because the neurotic, pacing, caged animals were hurting my heart. I love animals sooo much, yet I'm a meat eater.. hypocriticism 4ever!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Chachi--you're not a hypocrite! Lots of animals eat other animals and they ARE animals. Yeah, that does make sense...in some world.

Thanks for telling us about the circus, Carol. They should just have acrobats and little dogs. And that's it. Well, and maybe cotton candy, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

What about the other circus? A lot of people spoke out in support of you and tried to increase pressure for your benefit. Now all references are gone from your site and there's no indication of whether you got paid back and agreed to be silent, or you were threatened and agreed to be silent.

How does the circus end? Did the lions get tamed?

Anonymous said...

A lot of people spoke out in support of you and tried to increase pressure for your benefit.... *plays the circus music*** Hey ..ever think to back off and let the woman enjoy her ulcers, Tums and Mylanta or are you just thinking of yourself and all the "others" who spoke out? Let the woman be. Just let it be...hey I feel a song coming on....*sings"let it beeee let it beee...yeah let it bee"* lalalal Words of Wisdom..let it be ...
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
*flips tums in the air*
UP FOR GRABS!!

Anonymous said...

"...are you just thinking of yourself and all the "others" who spoke out?"

No, I'm just a casual observer thinking about the next unsuspecting victims.

Hot stock tip: Invest in Tums!

Carol said...

Dear Anonymous - I wish I had invested in Tums. Please check out Ben's blog too.. it may answer some of your questions.

http://bscoble.blogspot.com/index.html

Anonymous said...

HEY! Where's a new blog???It's Feb 7th!! COME ON NOW HAAA
Okie I really have nothing to do at 4am but read a blog! *winks all pretty*